The joy that is the Philippines Postal Service
Yesterday when I looked in my postbox I had a lovely surprise; a notice from the post office that I had a package waiting. So today in my lunch break I skipped down to the post office to pick it up. My glee soon turned to frustration...here is a detailed account of the 45 minute process of picking up a package:
1. Go to Counter 1- Line up, present my card to postal officer who tells me to go to Counter 2.
2. Go to Counter 2- Line up, pay 35 pesos "processing fee" (Ha!) Told to go back to Counter 1
3. Go back to Counter 1- Line up again, present card and fee receipt to postal officer who takes 10 minutes to find my package. Told to take package and go to Counter 4.
4. Go to Counter 4- Line up, officer opens package to inspect the contents. Has a good look and decides it looks ok. Told to go back to Counter 2
5. Go to Counter 2- Line up..yes again! Sign three different books to verify that I received the package. Am told I can now leave.
Total time taken: 45 minutes. AAAGGHHHHHH!
On a positive note, the pressie and card inside my package are truly lovely. Thank you Miss M!

<< Home