Always look on the bright side
After spending yesterday in a daze of tears I am almost back to normal- have been overwhelmed by the kindness of my colleagues who have showered me with sweet messages and hugs today. Amongst the kindness there have been some truly funny moments....
The first I wanted to share was this text message I got from my boss. Very lovely sentiment, just the text language that cracked me up:
"Jst think f da thought dat she's now at peace watching over u n much closer 2u dan eva b4"
The second amusing incident was when I became the tourist attraction at San Agustin church yesterday. My friend S had suggested I go somewhere quiet to remember my grandmother... the only quiet place I could think of in Manila was an old church so I took myself there. I was letting the memories wash over and having a good weep when a Filipino high school group came through the church. Suddenly my pew was full and I was surrounded by all these teenagers staring at me and asking me if I was ok. A little embarassing at the time but thinking about it now makes me laugh.

<< Home