Manila Essence

Back to Bohol

Went back to the island of Bohol for a wonderful three days of street dancing, motorbike rides, beach time and fresh air!

The highlight was the Sandugo festival, an annual festival held to celebrate the arrival of the Spanish to the island in the 1500s. The festival features street dancing-this year as well as local children the island had invited dancers from around the country to come and perform so there were some amazing costumes and chereography on show.






When the crowds and the heat of the festival got too much we set off (on the back of my friends motorbike) for the beach where I had some quality hammock time....



This visit I also got to see the tarsier, a very strange little animal native to the island.

My holiday was great. The batteries are re-charged and I am ready again for the madness of Manila!